Recipe: Curl Up with a Cup of London Fog-Inspired Gingerbread Tea This Holiday Season
Let’s sum up my perfect winter day: I’m curled up on the couch with a soft blanket, fuzzy socks keeping me warm, The Santa Clause on repeat on the TV, and a hot cup of gingerbread tea in my hands. Last year, I would’ve said hot cocoa (maybe with a splash of Rumchata, who’s judging?), but this year I’m switching it up with a cup of London Fog-inspired gingerbread tea.
I got sucked in by a targeted Facebook ad (surprise) for Blume a few weeks ago, and I immediately placed an order for the Gingerbread Blend and the Rose London Fog Blend. I can be convinced to throw my money at almost anything with good branding, and let’s just say that Blume really got me with that one.
The fact that a majority of their blends are also caffeine free really intrigued me too. In an effort to cut down on my anxiety levels, I cut out caffeine in September 2021. As a green and black tea lover, I really struggled to find alternatives that I actually enjoyed drinking. Now, I’ve been dabbling more with herbal teas, but this Gingerbread Blend is my go-to for the holidays season.
Why You Should Try Blume
- It’s caffeine-free.
Like I said, I’ve been on the lookout for delicious teas that don’t give me the caffeine jitters.
- It’s low in sugar.
1g of natural sugar? I’m sold. I tend to drink my tea and coffee black, so I tend to shy away from sugary syrup-heavy beverages.
- It’s vegan.
I don’t follow a vegan lifestyle, but I’m never against anything that is vegan!
- It’s not just for tea.
I’m showing it off as a tea, but you’re not limited to just that with this blend. Add it into smoothies, coffee, oatmeal, or even baked goods! Hello, gingerbread oatmeal cookies!
What You Need
- 1 tsp of Blume Gingerbread Blend
- ½ cup of boiling water
- ½ cup of vanilla almond milk (or any milk)
- 1 pump of sugar-free vanilla syrup (optional and best if you don’t have vanilla almond milk)
- A milk frother (I use this one)
How to Make It
- Boil ½ cup of water (I use this electric kettle for easy boiling).
- Mix 1 tsp of Blume Gingerbread Blend with the boiling water in your favorite holiday mug until fully blended.
- Add one pump of sugar-free vanilla syrup and stir into your mixture if you aren’t using vanilla-flavored milk.
- Heat up ½ cup of milk. I just place mine in the microwave in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute.
- Use your milk frother to froth and foam the hot milk.
- Top off your mug with the frothed milk.
Easy enough of a recipe, right? It takes a little more work than the typical cup of tea, but it’s definitely worth it for all of the cozy winter vibes. Now, go curl up on the couch with your favorite holiday mug, hit play on your favorite holiday movie, and enjoy your cup of tea. Oh, but don’t forget to come back and tell me what you think about it!